starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Could someone form check my 3rd set of squatting at 245 please?

YouTube

Hey Justin
    You're not leaned over enough and your eyes are straight forward instead of looking down. Are you having any elbow pain yet? The hands should be "behind" the bar rather than on top of the bar. Get your chest up and pull your elbows down and together. Don't let the wrists flex forward like that. You're more likely to throttle the bar and piss off the elbows.
    Once you've got the grip sorted out, get leaned over, send your ass back, knees out, and stay on midfoot. Keeping your eyes and head down, drive your ass in the air as if you had the bar across your low back.
    May I have permission to use your video as an example for squat grip?

Hey Pete, I got some work to do, thanks for the pointers! Elbows are fine, good thing I'm getting help now

Sure, hope the video helps out.

OK I tired myself out working on form changes, so ended the day at 225 for 5x3. I really focused on the grip issues, trying to keep elbows down and hands behind the bar (failed to do on first set I think). Does the grip look better?

It may not look like it but I was trying to work on looking down at that yellow plate and getting those knees out more, need to work on that more for sure.

Set 1: YouTube
    Set 2: YouTube
    Set 3: YouTube

Thank you for your patience and feedback!