starting strength gym

Thread: LP Beltless 375x5x1 Deadlift

Default LP Beltless 375x5x1 Deadlift

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    YouTube
    How is this last rep? Is this acceptable? I failed the last rep of 380x5x1 on Friday and I couldn't tighten my back on the last rep so my low back just gradually went into flexion during the rep. Unfortunately, I don't have a video. Do you see anything in this video that predisposed me to that happening?

Other than you still staring at yourself in a mirror and not looking at a spot on the ground 4-5 feet in front of you, looks fine.

Some progress. You're doing a much better job of pulling the bar straight up, and not around your knees. Congrats on improving that.
    However, you're still blending step 4 and 5, and not getting all of the slack out of the bar before you start the pull. You still need to be more patient and separate setting the back with starting the pull.
    Keep lifting the chest to set the back until you hear the "click" of the bar against the plates, the bar won't bend upward anymore, and you feel like your head is going to explode. Then, once you're certain you can't get another millimeter of slack out of the bar, break it off the ground. You've done it before, so I know you can do it.
    When you set your back on the first deadlift warm-up with 135, does the bar come off the ground just from extending the spine and setting the back?

This is 380x5x1
    YouTube
    I took your advice and tried to separate step 4 and 5 better and get all the slack out before starting the pull. Did I do that sufficiently? My back rounded to some extent on the last rep. Is this degree of flexion acceptable? I failed at this weight on Friday most likely because I was kicking the bar forward with my shins. Is my lockout at the top of the last rep something I should be worried about at this point in time?