starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form / Depth Check

Default Squat Form / Depth Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Looking for some confirmation if I'm making depth or not here. (along with anything else I'm dropping the ball on).

Set 3 - 255 lbs

Rear view: YouTube

I think I'm skirting the line (a hit or miss on reps) by narrow margins - hip crease just breaking the line of top of patella or not. Been working on bar tilting which was an issue, and it's a bit better these days... still needs attention.

Form Trouble I see:

1) Arms/wrists/ellbows - having trouble getting arms closer than this with super tight shoulders.
    2) Hip Drive - need work here - it's been tough to get this ingrained. Gaze and other factors are being worked on.
    3) Bottom of squat - feels like my body/mind hates that fucking place - almost wants to squirm out of it rather than use actual strength to get through it. Work in progress there.

Shoes - need new proper lifting shoes ASAP - when budget permits. Baby here any day, so that's first priority.

What I don't see - any perspective from a SSC would be great if you don't mind. If I'm missing depth entirely, then I'll focus there first.

Thanks!

Derek

I'm not an SSC. Tough to tell exactly because of the shit camera angle, but depth looks right. You mention your for that bottom position -- I think that's because your stance is too wide. Bring your feet in to about shoulder width apart and you'll have an easier time getting down.

Quote Originally Posted by m s View Post
    Tough to tell exactly because of the shit camera angle
    This.

Please go read the sticky and the part about camera angles.