starting strength gym

Thread: Cannot Get Power Cleans Down!

Default Cannot Get Power Cleans Down!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have been practicing these for the past 2 months and I just cannot get them down. I have stayed in the gym late countless nights trying to practice PC with light weights and I can’t do them right still. I know the form is not good and I accidentally edited out the last two after I got home. I really want to get food at these, but every time I add weight, I start to get scared and want to reset mid rep and get it again, I don’t know why. Yes, the floor start position is trash, but I talked to a gym employee and they’re gonna get some bumper plates to have here. Why can I not break the habit of wanting to use my arms in it? I’ve practiced with the bar probably 100 times, but something is just not clicking. I’m I just that unathletic, please help! Not to mention a few sis after the ass in the middle of my rep my arm folded in and I almost dropped it. I will get these down!!

YouTube

Have you actually read the Power Clean chapter of the book?

Warning: Practising a bunch of Wrong, makes things worse.

Overall, stop rushing. Lower the bar to approximate the start height and stop. Get your balance and start position. Set your gaze and hold it.

Fixing an arm pull

Also, notice how you're pausing and then jumping? You're going fast-pause-jump or fast-slow-fast. Go slower, holding your arms as in the video above and then jump. How much slower? As slow as you need to so that you don't have the slow down in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Have you actually read the Power Clean chapter of the book?
    I am still in the process of reading both Starting Strength and Practical Programming. Although, I did skip to the Power Clean section and read 5-10 pages, so I should probably go back and finish that.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Warning: Practising a bunch of Wrong, makes things worse.

Overall, stop rushing. Lower the bar to approximate the start height and stop. Get your balance and start position. Set your gaze and hold it.

Fixing an arm pull

Also, notice how you're pausing and then jumping? You're going fast-pause-jump or fast-slow-fast. Go slower, holding your arms as in the video above and then jump. How much slower? As slow as you need to so that you don't have the slow down in the middle.
    Thank you very much Dr. Bradford, I will watch the video and make sure to start practicing it correctly from now on. I will have to post a video later for a little check-up.

I also read the article The “Jumping Position” in the Power Clean Teaching Method and I think it may be a good idea for me to try that drill to get used to jumping with straight elbows. I just do not know how long I should practice that drill for. Perhaps, until I have that groove engrained in my mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Brody_G View Post
    I am still in the process of reading both Starting Strength and Practical Programming. Although, I did skip to the Power Clean section and read 5-10 pages, so I should probably go back and finish that.
    Probably.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Brody_G View Post
    Although, I did skip to the Power Clean section and read 5-10 pages, so I should probably go back and finish that.
    LOL, what?