starting strength gym

Thread: Squat/Press/DL check

Default Squat/Press/DL check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    34, 6'5", 220lbs
    1st workout with lifting shoes, Power Perfect 3.
    Squat
    Last session, 2/11/20: 295x5x3 Set 2 previous session
    Today: 300x5,6,5. Totally different experience with the shoes. Tried to focus on knees in plane with foot during 1st 1/3 of eccentric & keep them there during concentric as well as streamlining unracking (only 3 steps to position, minimal tweaking once unracked). The wrist positioning is tricky as the extra height from the shoes makes everything under the bar a bit of a tighter fit. When the bar would be appropriately positioned on back, wrists were too extended, trying to flex them into neutrality caused the bar to roll up my back.
    Set 3
    Set 2
    Set 1
    Press
    Last session: 150x5,4,4. incomplete set footage. Set 2
    Today: 150x5x3. Shitty footage, only 1 of the cages here permits a nice frame from the front quarter; this is not that cage.
    Set 3
    Set 2
    Set 1
    Deadlift
    Last session: 395x5. Set 1
    This session: 400x5. Set 1
    Appreciate the time and input,
    Matt

I don’t want to piss off the fine people who run this board and I’d really like to improve my embarrassing squat. What do I need to change about this post to make it more suitable for feedback? I’ve read and reread the sticky to make sure I’m not overlooking something flagrant, but if I am, please point it out for me.

Should I be adding these to my old threads instead of creating a new one?

We are busy. Sometimes it will take a few days.

Squat looks better. Keep working on improving wrist position and knees staying out(improved though). You could use some more overall tightness. Big held breath, use tension in hamstrings for a tight bounce out of the hole.

Press you are getting some knee bend so tighten that up. Squeeze your quads tight. May help to widen stance and turn toes out a bit. Wrists need to be straighter as well.

Deadlift - tough to tell from this angle but looks like your squeeze could be better. Really arch your low back. Push your belly between your knees. Try to make your shirt wrinkle. Narrow your stance 1inch on each side but keep your grip width the same

Thanks Ryan. Just wanted to be sure I didn't fuck the format up. I am very grateful you guys are here to help.

No prob!