starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 400x5x1 Deadlift Check

Default 400x5x1 Deadlift Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    YouTube
    I notice that my back rounds progressively more the further I get into the set. Are rep 4 and 5 fine? My bar speed is as fast as ever. I am still adding 5 lbs per session to the deadlift and I have a light day Wednesday for the squat. My belted squat is at 360x5x3.

Why didn't Santy Claus bring you some squat shoes for Christmas?

It was suggested by Pete Troupos that I wear flats instead for pulls. Seriously though, are rep 4 and 5 fine?

Not getting the slack out of the bar. I can see you trying to do it on the first rep, but then the rest you start with the back flat and as soon as you go to put anything into the bar, your back flexes.
    On the bright side, you're not pulling around your knees here. So that's an improvement.

Did you watch this video? YouTube
    Do you hear the plates ratting as you start the pull?
    Have you practiced "squeezing" your chest up to get all of the slack out as I mentioned before?
    When you go to set your back for your first warmup at 135, are you setting the back so hard that the weight "floats" off the floor before you even start the lift?

You're strong enough to deadlift these weights. You just can't set the back consistently.

Please get in the habit of posting your most recent form check for this lift in a new thread or just continue the last one.

These are running shoes, and reps 4 & 5 are not fine. Do what Pete says, exactly.

"Weight floats off the floor" astute observation. Just realised I no longer percieve that initial break away because it's all in the setting of the back. It used to be very obvious, but now it's going to break anyway, the work is from just below the knee until lock-out. I hadn't noticed that had happened.

I will. Can you suggest a brand of flat-soled shoes for deadlifts?

This is 390x5x1 from 3 sessions ago. It appears that I am tightening my back sufficiently here. Am I correct in thinking this?
    YouTube
    Is there anything else you can take away from this that I did differently here than in my more recent set? Should I go back down to this weight where I perhaps did it correctly?

Reebok power lites aka “crossfit Tr lite” hightop version — good luck finding them since reebok is being a huge dingus and not supplying enough for the demand.

starting strength coach development program
    Adidas Samba.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast