starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form (ugly last rep)

Default Squat Form (ugly last rep)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello,

Me - 174cm tall, 73kg, doing SSLP for 2 months. I live in the UK and have learnt everything from the book and YouTube videos.

Here is the video TURN VOLUME DOWN/OFF YouTube

This is the last set , I'm wondering if I'm tending towards a good morning or if this looks ok? Am I hitting depth? The last rep was tough.

Please excuse lack of lifting shoes and crap belt , I'm poor right now but waiting to get those sorted on pay day.

Cheers

Need to control the descent more and not speed up as you reach depth. You are letting the bar push you down and losing some tightness at the bottom. Also, lean over more right from the start and envision the bar staying over midfoot the whole set

YouTube

This is the last set I completed today. I tried focusing on keeping the bar mid foot and staying horizontal.

The first few reps felt ok, but any idea why the bar wanted to go forwards the last few reps?

Sorry for the late reply. These are better, nice work. The bar wanted to go forward because the weight is getting heavy and its hard to stay tight and balanced with squishy shoes and a crap belt!