starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check - can't get rid of groin pain

Smile Squat Form Check - can't get rid of groin pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    YouTube Link

That was my 2nd set of 90kg. I tried to go for less depth, as Pete Troupos pointed out that I was going too deep on my last formcheck, which I'd posted around 2 weeks ago. Anyways, I hope my depth's better now.

What's hindering my progress the most though, is the fact that I can't get rid of groin pain on my right side. It occurs when I begin "rising out of the hole" and is at its peak when I lock out at the top. It even bugs me for a couple of hours after my squat session. A month ago I took a 2 week break and it went away, but it quickly came back after 3 squat sessions.

I hope that it's due to my form and that it can be easily fixed. I've tried experimenting with my stance (as far as width and toes' angle goes) and I've found that narrower stances result in less pain, but it's still pretty bad.

Cheers.

You’ll have to be more specific about where the pain presents itself.

Nothing glaring in your squat, but I’d suggest getting a pair of squat shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    You’ll have to be more specific about where the pain presents itself.

Nothing glaring in your squat, but I’d suggest getting a pair of squat shoes.
    Thanks for the reply! I can't really describe the pain's location well since English isn't my first language (to be honest I don't even know the right terms in my native lang.). If I had to pick an area from this image though, it would be either the Adductor brevis or the Adductor longus. Definitely the inner, upper part of the thigh I'd say.

Try squatting with an elevated heel and see if it reduces the pain.

I don't see anything glaring in the video that I think would cause pain.
    Please don't post videos that aren't the right way up though.
    Next time have your camera guy back up and shoot from directly behind.
    Depth looks better.

Tried using small 1.25kg plates to elevate my heels last workout, but didn't notice any change as far as pain goes. I guess I'll try to push through it (haven't gone past 90kg just in case), perhaps it'll sort itself out. Also, sorry for the vertical video, will rotate it next time.

Try turning the toes in more. Like 25-30 degrees instead of the 45 degrees it looks like they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    Try turning the toes in more. Like 25-30 degrees instead of the 45 degrees it looks like they are.
    That helped! I never really realized just how far out my toes were pointing. The pain is still present but definitely a little weaker now. I feel that this coupled with better depth and all the other cues is finally piecing my squat together (even though I've got a long way to go). Cheers and thanks for the help!

starting strength coach development program
    That's why we get paid the medium bucks. You're welcome.