starting strength gym

Thread: Squat, Deadlift recheck

Default Squat, Deadlift recheck

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    6'5", 220, extra day of rest bc of minor surgery on Thursday.
    Previous session
    Squat
    Today: 315. Think I did a better job of maintaining my grip, but I also see little to no improvement in back angle or maintaining knee position during concentric phase, and I keep extending my c spine despite having a small plate to refer to 4-5' in front of me. I feel apprehensive about a more horizontal back angle at work set weights despite understanding the necessity of it.
    3rd set 1st set
    I know we are not supposed to post warm up sets, but I think I did a much better job with my knees and back angle during some of them. Is this one noticeably better than my work sets? If so it would be useful as a reference point.
    65% warm up
    Deadlift
    per Ryan's advice titrated up in 40-50 lb increments starting at 135. Did sets of 3-5 for most of them, perhaps that was too much as I noticed myself becoming fatigued by 365. Did a set of 5 at 365. Still breathing at the top sometimes and dropping hips especially on any rep after the 1st. If this shows inadequate spinal extension, I can post some of the lighter sets.
    Dl 365
    Thanks for your help,
    Matt

3rd Set:

Hips back in the beginning looks better now. Could still be a little more. Horizontal back angle will follow.

Keep the wrists straight.

Point your toes out a little more (last time was better) and again think „knees out“ of the bottom.

Maybe don’t look down so excessively. A few feet away, not right in front of you.

The 3rd workset looks better than the warmup set (except the „knees out“ part. In the warmup set you don’t push your hip back.