starting strength gym

Thread: Ingrained An Arm Pull in Power Cleans - Can’t Fix

Default Ingrained An Arm Pull in Power Cleans - Can’t Fix

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I’ve watched every Starting Strength video on the PC, read the chapter of the book about PC, and practiced with the bar and 95 lbs for 2-3 months now. I have ingrained an arm pull into my PC’s and have tried flexing the triceps to help keep the arms straight, but every time after I video myself I still see that darned arm pull. I have some long forearms too, so the catching phase is kind of garbage. I still gotta get some mf bumper plates too. Feels like I’m wasting my time on doing these with light weight, but if I go heavier I’m gonna mess something up with this form. Been practicing with light weight, but still can’t get it. Am I just this unathletic or what? Geez.

YouTube

You're not jumping very hard or high with 95lbs. Can you get your feet to leave the ground with that weight? Jump straight up and touch your head to the ceiling.
    Also, keep the bar on your legs. It should be touching you all the way up until you jump.

Do a triple from just the jumping position and post that.

Do I need to be jumping as hard as I possibly can? So basically just film a triple from hang clean position is what you’re asking? Thanks Coach Pete!

If you'd like to clean without an arm-pull and more than 95lbs, yes.