starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello,

This is my first time posting here. I'm hoping to have some help with my squat. I'm not stalling yet, just looking to stay on the right track. Please let me know your thoughts.

030620 Squat - Album on Imgur

Thanks,

Jaron

Hey Jaron
    Going forward, please just use YouTube and film in landscape from further back if you can. I have to scroll up and down to see the whole lift.
    Narrow your stance a half inch on each side and cut the depth off a couple inches. The crease of the hip below the top of the knee. You're overshooting it.
    Hips and knees start at the same time. You're sitting back while trying to hold the knees in place.

Hi Pete,

Thank you for going through the trouble with the first video, I'll make sure to follow those guidelines.

I squatted yesterday, trying to implement the helpful tips you've provided. Here is set 3:

YouTube

I felt a lot more control coming out of the hole by cutting some depth and it was easier to keep my knees out. The knee/hip timing is something for me to continue to keep in mind; I felt better about this set, but still have some habits that need fixing. I made an effort to bring my feet in a little more, though the stance looks pretty similar to the first squat video to me, let me know what you think.

Thank you for the help, Pete. It's cool that you guys are willing to spend some time to provide feedback like this.

Jaron