Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Three working sets at 115kg

First working set (front view)

Second working set (rear view)

Final working set (side view)

Break at the knees and hips at the same time. Right now, you're bending the hips right away, but no knee bend until 1/4 through the rep.

Look at the ground 5ft in front of you. Drive your hips harder out of the bottom.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Narrow your stance about an inch. Find your eye gaze target before you start the descent and stay locked on that.
    Your hips and knees need to break at the same time. You're sending the hips back first, then the knees break late. This moves you off of mid-foot and you're sure to shift forward as you hit the bottom. Hips go back and knees out & forward at the same time as you imagine staying on the midfoot axis all the way down and up. If you can correct this, your balance will improve and you're more likely to be able to stay with the hips out of the bottom and not lift your chest sooner than you should.

Gym has reopened, after two months off. Below are three working sets at 97.5 kg.

I made a concerted effort to unlock my knees and hips simultaneously. I felt very balanced on these sets.

Set 1, from the front

Set 2, from the rear

Set 3, from the side

Welcome back. More control into the hole. (gonna make that a t-shirt)
    You're dive-bombing into the bottom and overshooting depth. Stay tighter as you descend and cut the depth off an inch. Then stay leaned over on the way up and exaggerate the hip drive so you stay midfoot.