starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Squat form check
    PAIN: Lower to Middle Back
    NOTE: Was able to do 5x3 with 285 2 weeks ago. Tried 295 the next workout and felt like my internal muscles around my ribs and upper abdomen got strained mid set. Since then, have been reduced to 245 for this workout without feeling back pain in the middle/lower part of my back/"core" muscles. Thank you.

YouTube

Don't post above-parallel squats on this forum.

I didn’t realize it until I saw it too. I am sorry and embarrassed. Is it fair to say that my “progression” up to this point was done with improper depth, which didn’t lead to proper strength development. Hence, when I got up to a substantial weight, I didn’t actually have the strength to handle it, leading to strain?

Would you say then backing the weight back, focusing on PROPER depth, and progressing from there is in order?

Look, I’m not a moron, I’ve been reading the book (Starting Strength v.3), I got overzealous, I make mistakes, I want to get better, we don’t have a SS gym in Meridian, Idaho. This is my first form check. Can someone please help. I absolutely won’t make that mistake again.

You should be able to get to depth with this weight. Couple inches deeper.
    You're not getting tight for each rep. You're not taking a big deep breath and bracing before each rep.
    Take your time between reps and post some to proper depth so we can fix you.

Awesome! Absolutely will do! Thank you so much. I will fix that, post more, and get better and stronger.