starting strength gym

Thread: Form Check! Squat 295#

Default Form Check! Squat 295#

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    YouTube

Third set of 5. The last time I posted I was above parallel. Now I think Im a bit low.

Hey Matthew
    Lots going on here. Your back doesn't seem to be tight at all and your elbows are cranked up. You need to lift your chest to get the upper back set so the elbows down flare up so much. Hopefully, this gets your low back locked in place as well.
    Stand tall at the top of each rep. Getting the upper back tight and giving the bar a more secure position will help with this.
    Bring your heels underneath your shoulders.
    Slow down, set the back and take big deep breath before each rep. You don't need to go this fast and you're not going to be properly set up for the next rep if you do.
    Yeah, you're a little deeper than you need to be, but not by a lot. Work on the above. Especially getting the back in extension and keeping it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    Hey Matthew
    Lots going on here. Your back doesn't seem to be tight at all and your elbows are cranked up. You need to lift your chest to get the upper back set so the elbows down flare up so much. Hopefully, this gets your low back locked in place as well.
    Stand tall at the top of each rep. Getting the upper back tight and giving the bar a more secure position will help with this.
    Bring your heels underneath your shoulders.
    Slow down, set the back and take big deep breath before each rep. You don't need to go this fast and you're not going to be properly set up for the next rep if you do.
    Yeah, you're a little deeper than you need to be, but not by a lot. Work on the above. Especially getting the back in extension and keeping it there.
    Appriciate the help. My shoulders have always been so tight that I stopped narrowing my grip and just settled on bad form. Ill get to work on fixing it and slow down!

Narrowed my grip, and worked hard to set my back, on this one. Let me know if it looks any better.

YouTube

MUCH better!

Stand tall before the first and at the top of each rep.

Hey Matthew

Let's narrow your stance up. Get the heels under the shoulders. Video your warmups from behind and adjust accordingly.

You're not really leaning over so the knees never get set in the bottom. Lean over and send your ass back away from you. The back angle on the way down should look like it does on the way up here.

Take your time between each rep and make sure you're set tight. It's not a race.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    Hey Matthew

Let's narrow your stance up. Get the heels under the shoulders. Video your warmups from behind and adjust accordingly.

You're not really leaning over so the knees never get set in the bottom. Lean over and send your ass back away from you. The back angle on the way down should look like it does on the way up here.

Take your time between each rep and make sure you're set tight. It's not a race.
    Thank you, I'll keep working at it. Hopefully Denver has a squat camp sometime this summer.