Thread: Squat 308/Press 177.5/DL 380 form check

Default Squat 308/Press 177.5/DL 380 form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Squat: YouTube
    Press: YouTube
    DL: YouTube

For squat i took a slightly wider grip than last time and held the bar with more the heel of my hand(i know SS says specifically dont do that but it helps with my elbow pain until i find a better way to grip). I can also see myself start to look up on the last two reps. I have chalk on my shoulders and which helps the bar not slide, i havent had problems with sliding so far. Dominion Strength belt is in the mail.

On press coach Pete recommended I speed up my reps to not tire out and this has helped my press and bench immensely. My press also feels more stable than in the past. I also started walking the bar out.

Deadlift it looks like i didnt lock out enough.

Anything i missed?

Squat - you are correct - don't lift the chest on the way up keep driving with the hips. Shove your knees out harder.
    Press - I would walk it out the other way, so you face the wall. You don't want to be stepping backwards without having a view of where the bar needs to be placed after the set. They look solid but I would focus a little more on squeezing the armpits tight
    DL - Yes stand taller at the top and lock out better. Do you have more mats? You may be getting into block pull territory with the elevation

lol ill measure to make sure im not too high on the deadlift.