starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check 245lbs

Default Squat Form Check 245lbs

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    43 Male, 213 lbs, 5'9"

After getting called out for not getting depth I have been working on that the past two weeks and I believe I was getting it, but I find it slightly difficult to tell from the rear 45 sometimes. I filmed all my warm-ups and the first two sets directly from the side and they were good. This is the last set of 5 from the rear 45.

Hey Ed
    Save up for some lifting shoes.
    Lots going on here. Fix the grip so your wrists aren't bent forward and end up with the hands draped over the bar. Lift the chest up to get the upper back set once you've taken a grip with neutral wrists. It'll help if you don't hang your head down like you are.
    You may find it easier to get into position if you approach the bar with the hands wider first, get it where it needs to be, then walk the hands in.
    Get your eye gaze down on the floor about 4ft in front of you. Give yourself a target if you need.
    Reach back with your hips as you pin the knees out and keep your chest pointed at the ground on the way up. You're immediately lifting the chest out of the bottom and have no real hip drive.
    Carry on, soldier.