starting strength gym

Thread: Forearm-Humerus ratio in the squat

Default Forearm-Humerus ratio in the squat

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Is there any way long forearms relative to humeri could make elbow tendinitis in the squat more likely or harder to eliminate? I have long forearms and short humeri, and I have some minor elbow tendinitis in my right elbow when I squat, so I’m just curious if that could be a factor.

Could just need a grip adjustment. The ratio by itself won't cause elbow tendonitis. But trying to take a grip that you're not built for might.
    Post a video within the sticky guidelines at the top and we can take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Fain White View Post
    Is there any way long forearms relative to humeri could make elbow tendinitis in the squat more likely or harder to eliminate? I have long forearms and short humeri, and I have some minor elbow tendinitis in my right elbow when I squat, so I’m just curious if that could be a factor.
    Yes, I have long forearms. I can't power clean, and my press starts around my mouth.

As Pete suggested, go through the grip adjustments to see if it helps. For me, it just moved the pain to different places along my arm (shoulder, wrist, elbow, middle of humerus). A squat bar (it's longer than a power bar) could give you enough space. I use a bent bar (TDS), and I squat without pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Ohanian View Post
    Yes, I have long forearms. I can't power clean, and my press starts around my mouth.

As Pete suggested, go through the grip adjustments to see if it helps. For me, it just moved the pain to different places along my arm (shoulder, wrist, elbow, middle of humerus). A squat bar (it's longer than a power bar) could give you enough space. I use a bent bar (TDS), and I squat without pain.
    Can confirm. But then you are a mountain of Armenian masculinity, and that's a lot to contend with already.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    Can confirm. But then you are a mountain of Armenian masculinity, and that's a lot to contend with already.
    HAHAHA!!!