starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Set 3: YouTube

Last thread: Squat form check

Focused on pushing my belly between my legs and getting my nipples pointing to the floor

Your breathing is a bit inconsistent as you start the reps. Be careful to not pull your chest up/hyper extend your back too much. Think of bracing your abs for a punch. You are still resisting the lean over a fair bit in these reps. Your head is also bobbing up and down instead of staying down with gaze fixed on a place on the ground. It might be easier if you faced the other way so you can set your gaze on something several feet in front of you. To help with the lean you could do some paused empty bar or light warm-up sets in the bottom to get a feel for that balanced position. Note also you have some knee cave in the bottom and the paused sets can also help you get a feel for what knees out should feel like there.

Yeah sometimes ill go too low and that will mess with my knees. The problems ive had before were i would extend my lower back and the rounding would cause my knees to collapse and the bar to roll forward so ive been focusing on that which threw off my depth and upper back arch. I saw the breathing inconsistency. I’ll try to pick a place to look from this direction to look at, if not ill turn around and pick a further spot. Ill admit i forgot about my gaze these reps. And pause squats for the back angle and knee position. Gotcha.