starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I’m 28 6’1 205. I’m getting back into the routine and repeating linear progression. This was supposed to be my third set of 290 for 5, and I could of easily got it, but the last rep I felt a very familiar pain in my supraspinatus. I suffered a partial tear in my supraspinatus and subscapularis late last year due to the bar position being to low in the squat. I fixed that issue but now I've been struggling with pain in my elbows. I narrowed my grip, added some extension in my wrists, and tried to focus on keeping my upper back as tight as possible. This reduced my elbow pain but it's still there. One thing I real noticed in this video is my head is coming up as I go down. If appreciate any advice I could get for releaving the pressure in my elbows and shoulder. Is my upper back just not tight enough?

YouTube

You upper back is still flexed and your elbows too high. Your elbows and upper arms are essentially carrying the bar.

Your whole back is floppy and you have thoracic and lumbar extension confused with leaning over at the hips. It’s not clear if you are trying to stay upright, but your eye position is not helping. Your back angle is why your hips shoot back and you pitch forward coming out of the bottom.