starting strength gym

Thread: 95kg Deadlift and 80kg Squat Form Check

Default 95kg Deadlift and 80kg Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello all,

I would like to thank you for having accepted me into the SS forums. I'm an 18 year old male from Romania who started LP one week ago when gyms reopened in my country. I will attach below one video of my squat and one of my deadlift.

YouTube

YouTube

Personal observations: There is butt wink in my squat. Also I'm shifting towards the toes. Excuse my lack of weightlifting shoes, I am in the process of buying some.

Thanks in advance to the coaches who take their valuable time to review my execution.

SQ: You can likely fix your butt wink by cleaning up your form. Take a big breath and bear down with your abs to keep your back flat. Keep it flat as you go down (don't pull up with your chest as it will arch your back). About halfway down your knees should not go forward anymore and you need to reach back with your butt. Then stop just below parallel (you are too deep). Try doing all this and pushing your knees out hard in the bottom.

DL: Keep the steps separate: setup, eyes, breath and squeeze, pull. Once you setup, lock your setup in place. Don't let your hips drop as you squeeze your back (they knock the bar forward when they drop). Squeeze your back harder/flatter. Keep the bar close as you pull and as you pull, don't pull with your head/neck. Keep it neutral looking at a spot on the ground the entire time.

Thanks so much for your input! I will implement it in my next workout.