starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Link: YouTube

Previous form check: Squat form check

Hey guys heres my latest set. I think i have a lot of the same problems as last time, I think im having trouble remembering all the cues. Maybe i should make a list. Brace, eyes, butt back; butt up, eyes, reset. Had a hard time finding the right spot to set the bar on my back.

If you are working on a lot of things at once, it can be overwhelming. Prioritize and focus on the biggest issues. Then once you have fixed one of those, you can move on to the next. The bar placement looks about right, but might be a hair too low. Start with the bar on the top of your traps (high bar) and slid is down your back slowly. It should catch in the groove of your traps. For guys with some meat on their back, this can take the guesswork out. Focus on more lean over and butt back on the beginning and keep your abs tight/back flat from the start.

Of course the set i record is the only set i have problems with the bar. Lean and abs. I can do that. I watched Rips video about low back extension, i think the ‘dick between your knees’ cue is really gonna help.