starting strength gym

Thread: Power Clean Form Check

Default Power Clean Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi, 5th set of three at 31kg. I’ve just started week 4 of LP (my first power clean session was last week) so would really appreciate some feedback.

YouTube

Thanks

Major things I would focus on to start is the initial pull off the ground and the turnover. For the pull, get your knees back a bit more as the bar passes them. As the bar passes your knees, your shins should be straight up and down (not angled forward). For the turnover (elbows under and up), it's quite slow which may in part be due to flexibility. Practicing the turnover with an empty bar in your warm-up and cycling in some front rack stretches might help.

FYI: The Platform you are on is designed to have you stand on the black middle strip so that the plates rest on the rubber to each side.

Thanks for the feedback. I must admit I had no idea about the knees part and was trying to focus on keeping my arms locked and straight. I’ll incorporate feedback and send through another form check vid. My next power clean session is Friday so I’ll see if I can film the last set (not always possible with the usual schmucks using the platforms to wave dumbbells and kettlebells- annoyingly there’s space in the gym to do this without occupying the platforms!).

Ok here’s my second go. The weight hasn’t changed, I’ve slowed the pull down so I hit a more consistent trigger point on the thighs. I think there might be a bit of arm pull in there now though. I’ve tried to straighten the shins as recommended although I think the turnaround may still be too slow

YouTube