starting strength gym

Thread: power clean form check

Default power clean form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    0hi everybody,
    here's my last set of 62.5 kg from today's workout, after i failed doing this weight at my last workout, sorry the video is a bit to forward my gym finally got another rack and they moved the platform next to this giant window so they can put the rack instead of it.
    not sure if i bend my arms or if i just bend them immediatly after i jump, but because of my back pain/injury (will sum it short i have pain when i load my spine and when i move it from flexion to extension, luckily for the most part doing the 5 base excercises isn't painful, but i will fill pain on certain actions like getting up from a bench, or jumping in the power clean warmup, this is also why i struggle to jump hard).
    other then that id like to hear your opinions on my technique and on what can i do better.
    thanks!

Cleans aren't bad, would be better with a more pronounced shrug at the top. But if you don't want to pay for those windows behind you, don't release the bar until it's back on the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    But if you don't want to pay for those windows behind you, don't release the bar until it's back on the platform.
    Reminds me of my former gym. Shit platforms, with just concrete underneath. Aftermath from dropping jerks and pulling heavy:

floor.jpg

It's unfortunate all these commercial gyms buy platforms and bumper plates but are oblivious to their intended purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Cleans aren't bad, would be better with a more pronounced shrug at the top. But if you don't want to pay for those windows behind you, don't release the bar until it's back on the platform.
    Thanks mark!
    Quote Originally Posted by m s View Post
    Reminds me of my former gym. Shit platforms, with just concrete underneath. Aftermath from dropping jerks and pulling heavy:

floor.jpg

It's unfortunate all these commercial gyms buy platforms and bumper plates but are oblivious to their intended purpose.
    The funny thing is, my whole gym has rubber flooring to be able to drop weights.
    After the neighbours downstairs complained for the noise of people dropping weights they got this shitty already bent platform with an attachment for bands which isn’t usable due it been too far apart, and since then they also did a double layer of foam and another rubber flooring instead of just bringing some decent equipment.
    But what can you expect from a commercial gym at least I’m lucky to have a Texas bar there (which of course no one has a clue how good it is and they treat it like shit)

I think you over-emphasize the slowness of the 1st pull.

I don't see your legs/knees fully extend in any of those three cleans.
    The triple extensions is cut off short; you just kind of hop with bent knees.

You are too worried about "jumping" and banging off your thighs, launching the bar forward, then you hop forward to catch it.

Just do a fast deadlift and rack the bar.