starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check and torso angle nuances

Default Squat form check and torso angle nuances

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi, i had some opportunity to try and build my squat back up to where it was prior to pandemic. This was one of the sets that i have done. My soul is crushed this was soooo hard.

I also have a question about torso angle in the low bar back squat. How bent over should i be? In my particular case, is this amount of forward lean okay? I tried standing more upright (just trying to test how well it works) under max loads it just becomes a heavy set of good mornings.

I plan to compete in powerlifting so i am wondering is this depth fine too? Thanks.

YouTube

You are trying to get a lean that balances the bar over mid foot. This will be slightly different for everyone based on body proportions. The lean you have in the last 2 reps is the best in this regard. The rest of your form looks pretty good as well. Just cut a bit of the depth off so you are just below parallel and be careful when you take your breaths to not puff up your chest (as this can over arch your lower back).

Thanks for the reply. Yeah i noticed that sometimes i breathe hard into my chest instead of the stomach and i lose the tightness. Gonna try and fix that.