starting strength gym

Thread: Squat depth discussion

Default Squat depth discussion

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So, many videos have been posted about the entirety of squat technique. (Gripping the bar, starting position, descend ascend etc) but i would spesifically like to ask some questions about squat depth.

As someone who trains for strength, id like to at some point compete in a powerlifting meet.

Here's a screenshot of the bottom of my squat:
    Squat depth check - Album on Imgur

You people with experience in powerlifting (coaches or not) do you think that this depth would pass (sorry if a black shirt makes it hard to see the crease of the hip) If so, in what federation? Do i need to go deeper in some depth nazi federations? What do you judge the depth by? Femour breaking paralel with the floor or the arbitrary crease of the hip below the top of the patella? Thanks for your input.

Legal squat in all federations.

USAPL this would be three whites. Hip crease to top of patella. Remember there are a minimum of 3 judges on a lift. You need 2 of the 3 to see a good squat. If you're really interested go to a meet and watch how depth is called. If you're local it will probably be the same judges at the one you eventually compete in. Better yet, just go compete. You get three chances. If you miss ask the judges why and adjust. By the third you should know what you need to do.