starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thanks everyone, your assistance is very kind and much appreciated.

Here's my latest attempt. I would also like to know if I'm getting to depth (my untrained eye says it's on the line and erring toward high?).

Thanks again for helping me to assimilate feedback.

Squatsuck III - YouTube

Depth on the first rep wasn't there, but you widened your feet and fixed that issue. Keep working on tighter abs/flat back and knees out hard.

Thank you!

I filmed two sets. The first set seems to have aggravated my back injury so I had to cut everything a bit short.

Squatsuck ouch - YouTube

I wasn't ready to quit despite the pain, so I did another set but only of three. The only correction I made (consciously) was narrowing the stance width. I noticed this didn't seem to bother my back, but I still stopped because everything still felt like it needed to be tended to quite gingerly.

Squatsuck better? - YouTube

Is all of this just coinicdence, or is there something more correct about set 2 that I should continue to emulate?

Thanks again for your help.

In the first video you are way to deep and not sending your butt back. So, your knees are sliding forward and your lower back is rounding a bit in the bottom. Butt needs to stay back and depth needs to stop just below parallel. In the 2nd video the depth isn't excessively deep, so it's not surprising it feels better. I would get a belt for squatting since you have back issues. Also, put clips on the barbell - it's a good habit to develop.

starting strength coach development program
    Here's tonight's set. Lower back pain still aggravated by squatting so I can't really add weight or complete the sets.

Is there anything deficient or dangerous in the take from the rack, or the movement itself? Pain persists for maybe 10-15mins after squatting then is fine again, if a little stiff.

Squatsuck viii the beckoning - YouTube

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12