starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form check

Default Squat Form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Link: YouTube

Previous thread: Squat form check

These all hit depth. Sorry about the last one. Again the whole squat feels better now that im setting my upper back better. I’m still getting used to sticking my butt back and leaning over, but my breathing has become more consistent and im able to reset faster.

You could still use a bit more lean over from your hips a bit earlier on. Aside from that, knees are caving in at the bottom and on the way up and there is R/L shifting of your weight distribution to get the reps up. Having seen a lot of your videos to date, you probably are at the point where you need some lighter days to work on stability/knees out in the bottom position.

Okay. I think I’m going to scale back 10% on all my lifts and work my way back up, as i have been having the same kind of issues on my bench and deadlift too and work back up in 5lb increments. Would you suggest i scale back more?

For technique issues, if I was programming for someone I would probably scale some days back 10-20%, but still have some heavier days at lower reps to keep strength levels from dropping too much.