starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello,

Somewhere around 110 kg everything turns to shit on the squat. I have resetted the squat several times and also just jumped ahead (3x3 on 115 etc).

I have read the three questions and every thing I have come across on plateaus/getting stuck. All other lifts progress nicely but I get frustrated and turn everything to shit since I just cant get ahead with the squat on 3x5 LP past 110 kg.

Filming the squat for some sessions now I have noticed that the bar makes a U shaped path. I think it is the correction/tilting forward (done for some shit reason) coming up that makes it unstable and hard.

How should I correct this? As stated, I have tried resetting (Going down to 80-90 kg and going back up focusing on technique). Today, and in the movies below, I squatted with my DL shoes with the theory that the problem might be a tendency to drive to much with the heel (pushing the system forward when using lifting shoes). It felt a bit better but might just be placebo, the U path is still there.

4 rep at 110 kg

YouTube

1 rep at 120 kg (2x120 current PR)

YouTube

38 y old male, 88 kg.
    150 kg x 1 DL
    BP 90kg x 3
    seated (unsupported) press 60kg x 1
    PC 50kg 3x5
    Chins 10

All PR’s some weeks ago when I lost motivation for the third time.

Its tough to see where your feet are in this video but your knees are coming forward too much. You need to sit BACK and lean over more. If the stance is too narrow you may need to widen it and shove your knees out harder as well. TUBOW could be of help

Thank you for your reply. The view of the movie is the best I can do with the squat rack being in the way.

Should I drop the weights or just try and correct at 107,5?

Take some weight off and work back up

I moved down to 80 kg but the U path was still there, despite a proper sitting back. Realised I had the bar to high, moved it down and now it feels more solid then ever. The sitting back also feels ”right” now, considering the bar now in place for actual low bar technique.

Also PR’d the DL at 160kg today so I guess it is not all shit.