starting strength gym

Thread: My best squat technique. Please help me perfect it.

Default My best squat technique. Please help me perfect it.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello!

This year I started with pure strength training that I put off for so long. I started with Rippetoe's famous ABA BAB routine (by the way an excellent program), trained for a month and a week and reached a squat of 130 kg (287 lbs) x 5 with 107 kg (236 lbs) of body weight. Up to here I was the happiest guy in the world, until the damn self-isolation came and I couldn't train anymore. Just a couple of weeks ago I was able to resume training (where I live it is not easy to get decent bars, discs and racks), where I realized how devastating 3 months off can be, since I had to start with 40 kg in the squat. But that's not the problem. The point is that I bought the book determined to have the best possible technique in the exercises (my technique had some shortcomings, although I could not verify exactly which ones, since it did not film me. Rather, I have filmed myself only a few times and now I can't find the videos) and I have started filming myself in the tranquility of home. After reading a lot, and starting to do barbell squats and trying to master "hip control" and bring my knees out with my elbows (which I had never tried) I started with the bar and this is the " best technique "I have managed to do. The video corresponds to the friday latest 3x5 series with 85 kg (188 lbs). Weight sucks, but I'm being very conservative because I want to have the "best technique possible" before I get to the old 130s and beat myself from there. The "hip control" and the arching of the back is the most hard aspect for me. Before, I would just do a "neutral" position on my back, squeezing my abs a lot, but reading the book and watching Rippetoe's videos I have learned that the position should be with a slight lumbar arch. I am not sure that I have succeeded, so I leave the video here:

https://www.facebook.com/nicolas.mos...action_generic

My complete data:

Height: Exact 6 feets
    Actual weight: 227 lbs
    Training time: (Itīs hard to explain. A couple of years doing idiot "bodybuilding" routines (I went from being a skinny 64 kg and 1.82 m to weighing about 90 kg and looking a little better), Then I did a year of "strength" in my own way, but without progression of loads, I just went to the gym 4 times a week and always repeated the same load (which was 90 squats, 80 bench and about 120 deadlift, all for 3-5 reps). Stupid training, but since I knew absolutely nothing about strength training, I just limited myself to doing this idiocy; until I looked for beginner routines and learned about Rip's routine and then his videos). TOTAL: 3 years doing stupid things and a few weeks with Starting Strenght.
    Medical problems: Insignificant lumbar scoliosis from birth and chronic "discomfort" in the sacrum due to a bad effort practicing rugby (but they hardly ever hurt, much less limit my movement).

Thanks in advance!

Hello.
    Please don't link to videos on FB or instagram. Use something like Youtube or Vimeo or some other site to host. This link isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    Hello.
    Please don't link to videos on FB or instagram. Use something like Youtube or Vimeo or some other site to host. This link isn't working.
    Damn it... I will resolve it.

I don't know how to edit messages, so I leave it here: