starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlift Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm squatting in a shoe called Nike Romaleo, which is designed for lifting and should be level with no heel lift (I bought this shoe only because it is stars and stripes, and because I squat for America).

I don't really want to remove my shoes. That's where my toes live.

You're closer to getting the back set and getting it flat before you pull. Again, please post 5 reps. And put more weight on the bar so you have something to set the back against. At this weight the bar should be floating off the ground because you're lifting your chest hard and getting the back into extension.
    Get the chest up and use the bar as leverage to pull your belly down toward your feet.

In video number one, do you see how the bar bends upward in the middle after you pull it off the floor?

In video number two, do you hear how the bar *clicks* as you pull it off the floor (on rep #3 only, because there is a dog barking at pretty much exactly the same time on reps 1 and 2)?

Make BOTH of these things happen BEFORE you pull the bar. And by "pull the bar", I mean leg pressing the weight off the floor. Pull out the slack, pull out the "click", pre-pull the bar using just your back extension until there's nothing left. Then drive your feet into the floor, using that set up as leverage.

More weight on the bar helps with this. Deadlifting 135 lbs will not help you improve your deadlift unless that is really heavy for you.

starting strength coach development program
    Wow, thanks for everybody's help! I hired a coach that I'll meet on Saturday. I still have a full week of training before then, so I'll assimilate this advice and be more handsome as best I can during those sessions.

My lower back injury took forever (4 weeks???) but is nearly resolved. I did manage 5 reps at 225 for the first time since July 10, no backpain just a bit of stiffness/tenderness. I filmed this but see no reason to share yet.

I'd like to share a video after my deadlift session with the coach, that way I can get opinions on what I learn.

Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12