starting strength gym

Thread: First day of LP form checks

Default First day of LP form checks

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    34yo Male @210lbs.

First day of LP program. Wore my baby-puke yellow shirt for the occasion.

First squat working session since getting my rack. Been training Deadlift and Clean&Press for about a month so those weights are a little more aggressive.

Squat

Press

DL

Feedback appreciated

SQ: Filming from the 45 will give more information. Tray and bear down on your abs a bit harder when you take your breaths to keep your back flat. Lean over more at the start and try to pair this more in sync with your knees bending. Then aim for the bottom depth to be just below parallel - some reps are too deep.

PR: Squeeze your abs and quads tighter before each rep. Make sure you reset your setup before each rep with elbows slightly in front of the bar and tight armpits. Once you lockout the bar for a second, bring it right back down - you are holding it overhead longer than needed.

DL: Filming from the 45 will give more information. Separate all the steps a bit more cleanly. Get your setup, then set your gaze about 10' in front of you. Then without moving your legs/hips, squeeze your back flat slowly by pulling your chest (only) up. As you do this squeeze the slack out of the bar. Then pull.

I guess we should stop hiding the sticky so thoroughly. If people had access to the instructions for recording these form checks, maybe they would waste so much of our time, and, since the FUCKING STICKY is apparently hidden in the stickies at the top of the page -- you know, the one that says Required reading before posting -- I guess it's our fault.

HWC, if I were you, I'd start deleting these. They are asking for help, and making absolutely no attempt to do what is asked of them to make it easier.

First off thanks and apologies for not reading the sticky. I would have totally understood if you had kicked this back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden-William Courtland View Post
    keep your back flat.
    To be clear, this means the back is currently too arched?

I hadn't even considered over-extension to be something to be concerned with, usually the message is to avoid rounding.

Apologies. Would have absolutely understood getting this kicked back.

Now I know what stickies are.

starting strength coach development program
    I guess you didn't understand the part about leaving the videos posted, so other people can learn from the comments. You have until noon to put them back up.