Thread: Squat volume day form check

Default Squat volume day form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey coaches!

Here is my 5th set with 315 from TM volume day:
    22 ??????? 2020 - YouTube

I just cant stay on my midfoot when I hit the bottom position. I try to take my hips back and touch the wall behind me with my hips, but still im on my toes when I hit the bounce.

Maybe you can help me with this.

Tannk you.

Hey man, I'm not an SSC.

I'd like to recommend you widen your stance maybe a half inch or so on each foot, and angle out your toes a little more. You need to shove your knees out and set them early in the descent. I believe your balance issues are related to the knee cave at the bottom. May need to extend your back a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Johnson View Post
    Hey man, I'm not an SSC.

I'd like to recommend you widen your stance maybe a half inch or so on each foot, and angle out your toes a little more. You need to shove your knees out and set them early in the descent. I believe your balance issues are related to the knee cave at the bottom. May need to extend your back a little more.
    Yes to this. You may want to do Pause Squats or Tempo Squats at a lower weight on Light Squat day to see if it helps with the knee cave

Ok, I will try to add some pause squat in the warm ups and in my light day and comeback to report how it works.

Thanks.

Here my first set of previous week light day:
    light day 280 - YouTube

280 lbs, light but still take me forward at the bottom a little bit. I will try to widen my stance and point the toes out more and do my light day with a pause, but maybe you see something else.

Those are better but its still happening. So widen stance a bit, toes out a bit, knees out HARD. Consider light day/warmup adjustments.

This is my first set of VD from yesterday:
    24 ??????? 2020 - YouTube

I tried to widen my stance and pointed my toes out. I think I was better at staying in my midfoot, but lets see your thoughts.

Next day is LD, so I will try pause or tempo. What variation do you prefer for my problem?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nave Abramovich View Post
    This is my first set of VD from yesterday:
    24 ??????? 2020 - YouTube

I tried to widen my stance and pointed my toes out. I think I was better at staying in my midfoot, but lets see your thoughts.

Next day is LD, so I will try pause or tempo. What variation do you prefer for my problem?
    These are better. I would just try some pauses and try to memorize the bottom position with the knees out