starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Dear all,

These are the last three of my working sets @ 80%. I include a rear view with a 45 degree offset, a front view with an offset, and a side view. I did have knee pain but after watching SS videos and reading SS articles I learned this is because of my attempts to have too vertical of a torso. I have since attempted to remedy the situation by allowing myself to have a more horizontal torso by sitting back more. After reviewing the footage, I noticed my reps seem inconsistent, but I assume this is an issue of practice. I am self-coached so I would like another pair of more experienced to examine my form and see how I can improve so I can become stronger.

I greatly appreciate any and all advice and critiques. Thank you!

Look at the floor.

As noted, you need to pick a spot on the floor about 6' in front of you and look at it the entire time (keep your head down/neutral). You are also resisting the lean over at the hips, but sending your butt back excessively and arching your back. Lean over more at your hips from the start. Knees out hard in the bottom and the way up as well.

Thanks for the advice guys, I really appreciate it! I am having difficulty keeping my knees forced out. I noticed my heels come up just a hair (maybe a centimeter or two) at the bottom. Here is me squatting 3x3 @ 80% implementing the tips Satch12879 and Hayden-William Courtland mentioned:

I cannot see the heel raise (please see sticky guidelines for filming). Knees out on the heavy weights may take some dedicated work if you haven't not been working on them diligently thus far.