starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form check

Default Squat Form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey everyone. I'm a little paranoid that I may be leaning a little too far forward, and I feel a little loose and that perhaps I'm not getting as much hip drive as I should. Apologies that the video is not at a 45 degree angle and requested in the sticky, but I thought it may be easier to judge my back angle from this view. If there is something else I'm doing wrong and not the back angle, please let me know.

Squat Form check 85kg 3X5 - YouTube

We can tell most everything we need to from the angle requested, but this angle leaves some things out. Like stance width and bar position and grip. All of which are helpful. Which is why we ask for the angle.

You're trying to avoid actually getting your chest at the ground, and are over extending the low back as you start so it's a wiggly mess through the set. A belt would help. Also, drop your eyes to about 1.5m in front of you on the ground and keep them there.

Thanks for the reply. I'll post an updated video later in the week, taking on board the advice you have given me (also from the requested angle).

Please find my updated form here. It definitely felt better with the belt

Squat form check 87.5kg - YouTube

Depth is borderline here. Narrow the stance so heels are at shoulder width and shove your knees out MUCH HARDER. Hold your elbows lower and try to narrow the grip a tad so you can get the upper back tighter

starting strength coach development program
    Hey, thanks a lot for the reply. I will apply your advice