========
    Lifting 80.5kg * 5

Previous forum feedback link
    Squat form check

Working on especially:
    - Trying to avoid descending too quick
    - Trying to look 4/5 feet in front
    - Trying to point chest towards floor at start

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Deadlift
    ========
    Lifting 101kg *5

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Press
    ======
    Lifting 52.5kg * 5

I have read the sticky, so apologies about the camera angle, it was the best I could get from the front. Too many gym things blocking the view. Even now things are blocking, but not sure I can get better.

This press is dead awful I think, so all help welcome. I think I am not doing the spring at the hips right for starters......

SQ: Speed down is better, but you still need to lean over more (break at the hips more), keep the hips back and stop just below parallel.

DL: Widen your grip a bit so you aren't so scrunched. Hips kneed to be a bit lower in the start (knees flush with the front of your arms) so that bar is over midfoot. Try and keep looking at your spot on the ground the whole time (even at lockout).

PR: Try and get your grip and arm position finalized before you take the bar out. There should be no wiggling/adjusting of arm/wrist position after takeout. Middle knuckle should be up as well (wrists are bent back a bit too much here). For the reach, you are sliding your body down and under the bar. Stand tall with knees locked out. When you take your breath squeeze your abs and quads super tight. Then send your hips forward and let them rebound back. If you lose your bar positioning as the set goes on and the bar starts to be held lower and closer to your next than in the start (as it is here), it will be hard to keep the bar going up and *back* to your shoulders.

Thanks for the very clear feedback Hayden-William. I know just what to do. On the squat you mentioned "stop just below parallel". Did you mention that because I was going too low? (I have been working on going deeper as until recently I was not going deep enough)

Yes, too deep.

I had a look at this Starting Strength video on the squat on YouTube
    Learning to Squat | The Starting Strength Method - YouTube

and compared his depth to mine. His looks like the top of his thigh is more parallel or ever so slightly higher than mine. Is that what I should be looking at?

My Depth:
    Pic of thighs at bottom-myself.jpg

SS Student depth

Pict of thighs at bottom - SS Student.jpg

You want the crease of your hip just below the top of the kneecap.

Ok, I will try to squat ever so slightly higher and see if that is correct. Thanks

I did some more work trying to take in what you said on the S, DL, and P. Please let me know if I have improved, thanks in advance
    Squat at 87.5 kilos

Bar slips on back due to I think not narrow enough grip and not enough bunches back muscles under bar. I am inflexible, need to work on this.
    Worked on breaking at hips and leaning forward more

Press at 55 kilos

Hard to do hip bounce at this weight. Feels like I am not doing it, even though I am moving forward and back. Hard to explain.

DL at 102 kilos

Tried to get arms further apart and elbows to knees and focus on 12 feet in front

SQ: You can play around with narrowing your grip and pulling shoulder blades back a bit in the setup to keep the bar secure. You also need to not round your upper back as you go down and in the bottom. Looking further ahead will help a bit with that. Your depth isn't there on the later reps - get your knees out hard.

PR: Widen your grip a touch. You want vertical forearms. I would also position the bar at the front edge of the chin so there is easy clearance of your head when you press it up. You're having to push the bar around your face as it is now. The hip reach is harder when it's heavier, yes, but fix your bar path it will help.

DL: Better, but hips are too high by the end of the set. Also gaze is not fixed on the ground for every rep. And all reps could use more and slower squeeze of back.

starting strength coach development program
    Thank you again Sir, Lots to work on for me. Have a great weekend