starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 485x5x1 Deadlift - Thoracic Extension Question

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    475x4 Pull - YouTube
    Here is 475x4. I definitely picked too high of a weight to restart with now that I am doing this right and not rocking back. I got too greedy. I will do 465x5x1 next week. The thing that I changed with my form was to put my hips down; they were way too high. I also widened my grip a bit, about an inch on each side. I also just about doubled the distance my shins were from the bar; I was way too close and this was definitely why I was kicking the bar forward. I think that my back rounded on the last 2 reps because I set my hips up just a tad too high on these last reps; this was probably why I rocked my hips back very slightly. Would you agree with this?

Better, but as you squeeze you are still dropping your hips and knocking the bar forward a bit. Fix your gaze on the ground and then lock your neck and head into that position. Then without moving your neck or head, *slowly* squeeze your back flat. This will help keep your hips from moving.

405x5x3 - Keeping hips down - YouTube
    This is my last set of 405x5x3. I am obviously still working on keeping my head still, but I'm pretty convinced that everything else looks good and that I am not dropping my hips. On my last posted set, it appeared that I raised my hips as the set went along and that was the contributing factor why my back rounded on the last 2 reps. I focused on keeping my hips in a consistent, relatively low position and this seemed to eliminate the rocking back. In your opinion, other than the head/neck issue here, do you see anything wrong with this set?

At this point things are beyond just a form check. If you want to dig deeper you should look into online form check services from one of us.

starting strength coach development program
    Alright. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot,

Jack Morrison

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12