starting strength gym

Thread: Power Clean Form Check

Default Power Clean Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello,
    Power Clean Form Check this is the latest form check on the clean from 2 months ago. I tried to fix the issues to the best of my ability. I was cleaning 50kg at the time.

Power Clean Form Check - YouTube
    This is 75kg. The cues I'm giving myself are to accelerate the pull off the floor as much as possible, and to jump as hard as I can. I had tennis elbow from squats and did power snatches for like 2 weeks, but I eventually fixed my squat grip, the pain went away and I resumed power cleaning. I'd like to hear your opinion about what else I can improve. Thank you for your time.

Oh, and I apologize on behalf of the idiot who gets in front of the camera for a couple seconds. Luckily he doesn't obstruct much.

Doesn't look like you're setting your back at all. You're just gripping and ripping. Similar to the way we teach the deadlift, you need to set the back flat and get all of the "slack" out of the system. Then push the floor away with your feet and stay out over the bar longer.
    Widen your grip a little, jump with straight arms and don't bend the elbows until you're on your way back down.