starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form Check

Default Squat form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi all - recently started SS from bodybuilding where I was accustomed to do high bar squats too far below parallel. My low back would flare up because of this so I am enjoying the low bar squats. My question is if my knees are pushing too far forward and do I need to push my hips back further in the squat? I have included a video so I am curious what my biggesty mistakes are.

Quote Originally Posted by storkman8 View Post
    I have included a video so I am curious what my biggesty mistakes are.
    Hey stork
    Your biggesty mistakes are filming from an angle other than what the sticky says so we can see everything we need to and belonging to a gym that cranks whatever music that is.
    After that, you're descending too vertical. You have to lean over when you start and reach your ass back away from your feet.
    Please film from the requested angle next time so we can see more of what's going on and give you some feedback.

Pete - thanks for the advice. This is my last set of 5 at 210lbs. For one I removed the audio to save your ears and also tried to get the best angle I could at the gym. I am still working on leaning forward more and getting more comfortable that I won't fall on my face.