starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm new to the community and have been working hard to improve my squat technique that previously had many errors. Perhaps that's still the case, but I feel like I'm getting close to acceptable form. Would you please review my form below and let me know if there's any issues that need to be corrected?

I know that there is a zero tolerance policy here for high squats, which is why I'm posting 2 sets. Set 2 looks like proper depth, but I feel like the bracing and back tightness could have been better. On set 3, I feel like I did a better job bracing and maintaining back tightness, but upon reviewing the video I question whether I went low enough.

Is the depth in set 3 acceptable?
    Is my back staying tight enough throughout the motion?

Thanks in advance.

Set 2 is sometimes a bit too deep. Set 3 is generally spot on for depth. It looks like sometimes your gaze is forward at the mirror. Look at the floor where it meets the wall and keep your gaze there the entire time. When you take your breath to get tight you need to keep your back flat. So breathe without raising your ribs - pretend you're bracing for an abdominal punch. You also could use a bit more lean at the hips to start and keep those knees out hard.

Thank you very much. I'll start working on implementing your recommendations.