starting strength gym

Thread: Form check on all lifts

Default Form check on all lifts

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'll try to keep it short.
    LP is going on ok for now, technique is ok but obviously not perfect, power cleans have been done only for 3 sessions as of now.
    I would love some feedback to try and make my technique as good as I can.

This is my full training log if someone has the patience and time to look through it:
    Legit Linear Progression

These are the last sets of my most recent lifts as of today:

Squat - 132kg - 1st set - 23.10.20 - YouTube
    Squat - 132kg - 3rd set - 23.10.20 - YouTube
    Press - 56,5kg - 3rd set - 23.10.20 - YouTube
    Bench Press - 85kg - 21.10.20 - YouTube
    https://youtu.be/LSdYK7jO5fE
    https://youtu.be/33aJ3Ks7QwI

If you need more info you can look at the notes on my log or just ask me anything here.
    I tried to record from the best angles I could, I hope it's good.

P.S.:Some reps on the 3rd set of squats are probably above or at parellel, definetely the 4th one. This usually doesn't happen and didn't happen on set 1 where I leaned forward too much and fatigued my low back a lot, so I tried sets 2 and 3 with a slightly more vertical back angle but I guess I was subconsciously afraid to go too low and fail (?), so this is why I'm posting both set 1 and 3. My hope is that it was only fatigue or deconcentration and it won't happen again, although sets 2 and 3 felt much better than the 1st one on my low back.

I think we're pretty accommodating, but this is asking a lot. Pick one lift that you want checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    I think we're pretty accommodating, but this is asking a lot. Pick one lift that you want checked.
    Sorry about that, I thought making one thread with all the lifts was better than opening multiple threads.
    Can I ask you to check just the squat and deadlift then? Should I open up a different thread or is this okay?

The intent of this forum is to give people a bit of help as needed here and there. If you are posting all of your lifts (even if in separate threads) you are then asking for a lot of personalized help and these services should be paid for (i.e., seek out a coach for online coaching).

Your squats generally look good. I would fix your gaze on the floor from the very beginning and keep it there. Also, your lower back is a bit arched by the end. Make sure you bear down on your abs when you take your breath to help keep your back flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden-William Courtland View Post
    The intent of this forum is to give people a bit of help as needed here and there. If you are posting all of your lifts (even if in separate threads) you are then asking for a lot of personalized help and these services should be paid for (i.e., seek out a coach for online coaching).

Your squats generally look good. I would fix your gaze on the floor from the very beginning and keep it there. Also, your lower back is a bit arched by the end. Make sure you bear down on your abs when you take your breath to help keep your back flat.
    OK thanks for the advice!
    You're right I did ask for a lot, sorry again.

(by the way I did reach out to you on your email, just in case you didn't get that)

On your press, narrow your grip and rest your elbows on your lats/ribcage. When you bounce keep your elbows squeezed tight so they rebound off of you. What's happening now is your elbows are bouncing back behind your ribs during the hip drive because you don't have them squeezed against your ribs/lats.

Quote Originally Posted by adamwilliford1173 View Post
    On your press, narrow your grip and rest your elbows on your lats/ribcage. When you bounce keep your elbows squeezed tight so they rebound off of you. What's happening now is your elbows are bouncing back behind your ribs during the hip drive because you don't have them squeezed against your ribs/lats.
    I've noticed that and I try to really think about not dropping my elbows mabye I should think about pushing them towards each other? Cause I think my grip width is good, I could shorten it by like half an inch mabye.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post

(by the way I did reach out to you on your email, just in case you didn't get that)
    Did not get it.

starting strength coach development program
    On your squat: break at the hips and knees at the same time when initiating the descent. Right now you are throwing your hips back and then bending the knees. Break at both at the same time.