starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello!

I am a 26 year old male, 5’11 and currently 190 lbs.

I am on about my 10th week of NLP, and got up to 280 lbs on my squat. However, ever since 260, I had been feeling increased pain in my hip flexors and the outer side of both my hips. I would be in such pain after each set that I could almost barely walk and took about 10 minutes to recover, but I would get through the next sets. After 280 (I failed spectacularly at 4,4,0), the pain was so bad that it was holding me back from completing my sets. So, I decided to dial it back to 260 - went totally fine, felt light. Then, next workout at 265, the pain came back as bad as before, so I decided to dial it back to 225. Again, everything went perfectly fine this day. Then, the next workout at 230, the pain came back bad. Frustrating, because I know I have the strength but pain is stopping me, and all of the other lifts are progressing well with no signs of stalling.

Long story short, I am suspecting something is wrong with my form. I have tried to help myself as much as possible reading and rereading the squat chapter in the book, reading forum posts and watching other form checks. I think I am doing everything I should be, but something is obviously wrong.

I dialed waaaay back to 135 lbs, to really dial in the form and make sure everything is right, and also to give my body a chance to heal in case I have injured myself.

Feedback would be very appreciated! Thanks

Squat 135x5 - YouTube

Do not post high squats in the forum. Please read the sticky.

Thanks, honestly I couldn’t even tell that I wasn’t hitting depth.

I tried again today with 135 and made sure I was hitting depth. Would I be able to get some feedback on these?

2nd Set from the side:
    Squat 135x5 Side - YouTube

3rd Set from the rear:
    Squat 135x5 Rear - YouTube

Thanks for your time.

Lean over a bit more at the start, push your knees out hard and cut your depth off a bit so you hip crease is just below parallel.