starting strength gym

Thread: Form Check - Squat, Deadlift, Bench

Default Form Check - Squat, Deadlift, Bench

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi everybody! So I am about 6 months into my training and I would appreciate any feedback to my form regarding my Squat, Bench and Deadlift if possible from the recording.

Bench Press I am not sure about the elbow placement. If I understood it correctly the wrist and elbow should be in one straight line at the bottom of the press. I can do that somewhat the first few reps but after that my wrist travels behind my elbow so that wrist and elbow are not in alignment anymore (usually about after the 3rd rep). I am not sure if that is a "bad" thing and if I should drop the weight and work on the "alignment". I recorded a video with 10 reps in order to track the elbow/elbow travel.

Squat and Deadlift feel ok to me and Iīm progressing slowly but steadily.

Bench Press (low reps): Bench 1.12.2020 low rep - YouTube

Bench Press (high reps): Bench 1.12.2020 High Reps - YouTube

Squat: Squat 1.12.2020 - YouTube

Deadlift: Deadlift 28.11.2020 side Angle - YouTube

Thanks a lot for any feedback!

Please read the sticky. Your squats are high and you aren't wearing shoes while deadlifting. Also, have you read the blue book?

Hayden, I would have deleted this. The boy has not read a single thing we've written about posting videos, and I think it's a mistake to take time with it.

Iīm sorry if my post seemed to implicate I havenīt read the sticky because actually I did. My post is actually a follow up post to the one in July (Squat, Deadlft, Bench Press - Form Check, novice appreciates any help). I just wanted to check in if since then I was able to incorporate the advice I received. I admit it would have been smart to link that post.

Iīm not sure what exactly gives the impression I havenīt read the sticky.
    - If it is the camera angle - with the tiny room I got to work with a diagonal angle is not possible.
    - If it is about the shoes while deadlifting - I always deadlift with shoes cause it feels more stable to me than deadlifting with the chucks which I tried before several times. In my older videos this has not been commented on so far.
    - If it is the high bar squat; well I really struggle hitting some acceptable depth when using low bar; I donīt know why - I think itīs a mobility issue but even if I were to prefer the high bar squat, would that make me unacceptable for this board?

I checked to have enough light, I wore a white shirt as suggested black is not that great for videos, I cropped the video so nobody has to watch my setup for 3 minutes and so on. So to assume I have not read "a single thing" kind of surprises me. I understand that it must be exasperating to be expected to help people who wonīt even take the 2 minutes to read a sticky. Iīm completely with you on that and I actually really appreciate people who take time out of their day to help out a stranger on a message board. But I would tread a bit more lightly on "clearly hasnīt read the sticky" conclusions. Maybe I just didnīt really get it, maybe I overlooked something or whatever. Maybe I am a dumbass - so be it. But I refuse to be labeled just because not every single word has been followed to a iota. Feel free do delete my post, account whatever.