starting strength gym

Thread: Bench Form Check

Default Bench Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Would you please check my form? The last few sessions I've had a problem with the bar tilting toward my right side during the descent. I feel like that has finally been corrected. I apologize for not including my feet. I thought they would be included, but I promise they were firmly in place during the set.

I feel like I'm nearing the end of the NLP, but am still making progress with 2.5 lb jumps each session for 3 sets of 5 on the bench. I've gotten all bench reps since resetting from 270 to 245 about 7 weeks ago and going up from there. However, I failed to get all reps in some recent press and deadlift sessions and the squat is getting to be a major grind, though I haven't missed reps there yet.

Guessing the chains are subbing for 1.25 plates? See if you can wrap em up more so there's no chance of them swinging around.

Bench looks pretty good. I don't see any tilting on the right side. You misgrooved 3 and 5 a little by driving it straight up and getting back over lockout late. Otherwise I thought they were fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    Guessing the chains are subbing for 1.25 plates? See if you can wrap em up more so there's no chance of them swinging around.

Bench looks pretty good. I don't see any tilting on the right side. You misgrooved 3 and 5 a little by driving it straight up and getting back over lockout late. Otherwise I thought they were fine.
    I couldn't find micro plates for a reasonable price so I cut 2.5 lbs of chain in half and am using those for 2.5 lb jumps. I'll wrap it better in the future. Thank you for the the feedback. I'll work on getting the bar path more consistent.

You can but 2.5 lbs ankle weights really cheap and the work just fine and very easy to use just wrap around the collars.

2.5-pound ankle weights do not weigh 1.25 pounds.

they're available in different weights. its the easiest and cheapest solution I've found for use especially in commercial gyms

Microplates are pretty cheap on Amazon

Not where I live. Amazon doesn't operate here and micro plates are very rare here in Iran.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by shayan.givehchian View Post
    Not where I live. Amazon doesn't operate here and micro plates are very rare here in Iran.
    Quite the plot twist!