starting strength gym

Thread: SQUAT form check. Knee slide is back

Default SQUAT form check. Knee slide is back

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Ok so I re-read the required reading and got some better footage. I really tried leaning over more which resulted in more noticable knee slide.
    My best set was my last warmup for a single (not shown)

Stats this week 5"10 350#,
    SQ385#, DL 410#, BP#320, PR200#

1/7/20 Squat 385#x5x3

set 1
    Squat 385#x5 set 1 - YouTube

Set 2
    1/7/21 Squat 385#x5 set 2 - YouTube

Set 3
    1/7/21 Squat 385#x5 set 3 - YouTube

I tried getting a true 45* angle ended up with camera in the corner on set3 may be too far back

I usually squat inside the rack, what's the best angle to setup with the uprights in the way 30*, 60*

Hey Myles
    Set 1 is filmed correctly. 2 and 3 aren't as helpful. Rear 45 for squats initially.

Your issue is your upper back. See how your elbows start to rise as you descend? That's your upper back starting to come out of extension. With the bar wanting roll up as you lean over, you just won't maintain the back angle long enough to keep the ass back and the knees from popping forward.
    Don't hang your head off your shoulders. Get your head up, lift your chest and squeeze the scaps together before each rep. Then just lower your eyes on to your target before you descend. Fight to keep the elbows from cranking up as you descend, and you'll have a better shot at keeping the upper back tight.

Copy thanks

I just re watched I can see the upper back caving about halfway down. And the bar did roll up on my neck, which didn't happen before when I essenrially hi-bar squatted with the bar in a low bar position.

Should I post subsequent videos on this thread or start a new one ?

Do you have the book? I still pick up things every time I re-read. It might be a good idea to re-read the squat section.

You can post in here or start a new thread if it's been a while. Just link to the original thread for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ23 View Post
    Do you have the book? I still pick up things every time I re-read. It might be a good idea to re-read the squat section.
    Affirm the blue book and the grey book. Re- reading the squat chapter now

Today was horrid I really tried leaning forward more on squat. I can make my self lean but the butt is not getting back far enough and I ended up with the bar out in front of my toes

1/12/21
    SQ set 2 at 390#
    1/12/21 Squat 390#x5 - YouTube

Squat set 3

1/12/21 Squat set 3 - YouTube
    I had my buddy film from the side because I felt the weight shifting forward

Deadlift 405#
    1/12/21 deadlift 405#x 5 - YouTube

These have stalled considerably, I can strap up for more weight. My hook grip will tolerate 1 rep at 405#. And it seems I can only alt grip with my left hand supinated. When I switch the lift goes to shit.

My last LP (6 years ago ) had me a lot closer to deadlifting 500# and I weighed 100# less. I guess this is my penance for getting fat and lazy

As always any feedback is much appreciated.

Shaw

starting strength coach development program
    1/15/21 SQ 300#x5 tryin a more narrow grip
    1/15/21 Squat 300# narrow grip - YouTube
    Set2 still narrow grip
    1/15/21 Squat 300#x5 set too narrow - YouTube
    Set3 wide grip
    1/15/21 Squat 300#x5 set 3 wide grip - YouTube

Deadlift 410#x4
    1/15/21 Deadlift 410#x4 - YouTube
    Deadlift 410#x1
    1/15/21 Deadlift 410#x1 - YouTube

SQUATS, so I'm trying to focus on tits down and tight upper back but at a certain point I I have to choose between either not hit depth or unlock my back. Not sure how to fix

Deadlifts- had to break up in two sets. I can see my back is not getting set, my belly is pushing on my thighs. I realize black on navy blue isn't good contrast so I added some orange tape spots to be high tech. I dropped my ass a bit and was able to get back into extension before pulling. are my now hips too low or is this ok?

Thanks

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk