starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlift stuck for 2 months

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by nddomenic View Post
    Is my take away that the issue is programming/mental, and that the (deadlift) technique isn’t so bad?
    I would say so.

What should my programming look like going back to school now? I’m on Army ROTC scholarship so I’m basically forced to do stupid HIIT workouts and/or run 3 times per week.
    You're still pretty young and could stand to gain some weight. I bet you if you worked on gaining 10-20lb, you could run LP longer.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Good eye. Yea the plates are short I think 15”. I Lay another pair of plates on the ground that I pull from to get some more elevation. I may still be at a slight deficit.

I definitely gotta relax and get my confidence back. I was kinda trying to get some adrenaline going for the 345.
    I’ve faced that before myself. Somewhat fight or flight. You had that single. I just don’t think you believed it. I already saw you pull heavy on that five set, no rush, steady pull, controlled effort, where that single looked desperate-but it still came up easily enough. Maybe just not grooved yourself in after the layoff, but the strength is clearly there.

Did you wear gloves or straps for that single ?

starting strength coach development program
    I’m on Army ROTC scholarship so I’m basically forced to do stupid HIIT workouts and/or run 3 times per week.
    This is just preparing you for much greater piles of stupid bullshit that you'll have to endure, all in exchange for that "free" college degree. And no one is forcing you, you willingly signed that contract.

Source: retired military here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12