starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi,

I tried harder to achieve correct depth this time. I hope this is deep enough, because I am hesitant to go deeper due to a meniscal tear injury in the right knee (1 year ago).

Last set of 3 with 100kg:

Depth is borderline on some of these reps still. Try turning your toes out a bit more - that might help. You also need to lean over more at the start. Assuming you had the tear repaired it should be fine for below parallel squats as long as you build up conservatively. Consider backing the weight back down to a weight where you are comfortable going below parallel consistently if you still have concerns.

Thank you! I will try to adapt my stance as you suggested and maybe reduce the weight a little to achieve more depth consistently, before starting to increase the weight again.
    The tear is not repaired (2nd opinion recommended we try rehabbing it without surgery first because it is in an area that is supplied reasonably well with blood and only if that does not work do the surgery) but I am not experiencing any problems so far.