starting strength gym

Thread: Bench Press form check

Default Bench Press form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello good folks

This is my bench attempt after restarting the NLP at 67.5kg (pre covid max was 70kg) at 77kg bodyweight which I was not progressing and missing lifts above 70kg last time so I figured its best to get some opinions on my form so it does not happen again and Progress does not stop

January 18, 2021 - YouTube

note: apologies for the wacky homemade equipment during these pandemic times. the knurl marks on the bar are not standard the distance between my grip width is about 65cm (the distance between my shoulders is 40cm) so its a moderate grip not wide, not narrow

I appreciate any tips and feedback
    Thanks alot

Was there a reply posted and then removed ? I've never seen my posts being displayed without being responded to don't know if its a problem on my end.

Sometimes, posts don't get replied to immediately.

Try and set up with your feet flat on the ground. Your grip looks a touch too narrow - we want vertical forearms in the bottom so try widening it a finger. Bar path needs to start over shoulders and touch a few inches lower (about the nipple line) - you need more push back to your shoulders on each rep. These fixes should improve some of the elbow flare out to the sides on the way up, but you will still need to focus on minimizing that.