starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Gentlemen:

Previous form check: Squat Form Check

Would appreciate input on progress towards fixing knee error.

Vid: January 22, 2021 - YouTube

Side view of same set: January 22, 2021 - YouTube

Still operating at 100% conscious thought and each rep here varies from the others. Please let me know if any rep looks particularly promising and I’ll work in that direction toward building muscle memory.

Thanks as always for your time.

Hey Don
    Need to address the upper back and elbows cranking up. The upper back needs to hold its position while you lean the torso over from the hip. Rather than collapsing the chest and trying to point that at the ground.
    Try thinking about sending the hips back and away from you as you descend. Like you're trying to touch the wall behind you with your cheeks. All while keeping the elbows down/in position.
    Something else that may help, but is often taken for granted is eye position. Give yourself a small target to stare at about 3-5 feet in front of you.

Thanks for taking the time with this. One clarification (as time allows): Safe to assume from comments that knee timing has improved? Or, have I just regressed and now find myself with two major issues.

Yes. Looking at your previous submission, the hip/knee timing has improved.

Gentlemen:

At risk of overstaying my welcome, I’m hoping to clarify one more thing. Is the issue described above in terms of rising elbows and collapsing chest the same as: Failure to maintain thoracic extension?

Trying to ensure I’m reviewing the right material in the Blue Book as I work to remedy.

Thanks again.