starting strength gym

Thread: Squat: General Form Check + Wrists

Default Squat: General Form Check + Wrists

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi guys, I would appreciate your thoughts on my squat form. I have struggled with getting my wrists in line with my forearm; they tend to bend back. But I do feel like I rest most of the weight on my back, on the shelf right below my spine of the scapula. Do you think it’s critical I fix this? Any tips on doing so? General feedback would also be appreciated. Thank you!

Squat- 200lbs- 3rd set of working set (PR)
    200lb Squat- January 26, 2020 - YouTube

1) Remove the mirror. It's too distracting. Look at a spot on the ground behind where the mirror is the entire time.
    2) Wrists should ideally be straight. Although you may feel the weight largely on your back, the color of your wrists and hands indicates a fair bit of pressure. Try a slightly wider grip and some low bar stretches with straight wrists. May help you prevent running into wrist/elbow issues down the road.
    3) Try and start each rep standing up a bit straighter if you can.
    4) Narrow your stance an inch. Should help you keep your knees in line with your toes a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden-William Courtland View Post
    1) Remove the mirror. It's too distracting. Look at a spot on the ground behind where the mirror is the entire time.
    2) Wrists should ideally be straight. Although you may feel the weight largely on your back, the color of your wrists and hands indicates a fair bit of pressure. Try a slightly wider grip and some low bar stretches with straight wrists. May help you prevent running into wrist/elbow issues down the road.
    3) Try and start each rep standing up a bit straighter if you can.
    4) Narrow your stance an inch. Should help you keep your knees in line with your toes a bit better.
    Thanks a lot. Will try what you suggested.