starting strength gym

Thread: Snatch + C&J form check

Default Snatch + C&J form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello,
    I've been following the Olympic TM hybrid as outlined in PPST3. I dont have a ton of experience with the Olympic lifts other than their power variations. Im currently separated from my blue book while deployed and unfortunately civilian clothes are not authorized so black APFUs it is.

Snatch (VD was 185×2×8)
    Snatch Form Check - YouTube
    Form Check Snatch - YouTube
    Its pretty embarrassing but I'm hitting my genitals weekly. I'm not sure if this is due to poor technique or improper hand placement. Any advice is helpful.

C&J (VD was 230×1×15)
    Form Check - YouTube
    Form Check - YouTube
    Form Check - YouTube
    I feel like I'm not catching these in the bottom poorly. I've been having a decent amount of wrist pain in the rack position.

Snatch: Your grip is too narrow. See the bar hit you on the upper thighs instead of above the pubis? And this may correct the rack, which is very loose. Traps hold the bar overhead, so meet the bar with a shrug.

C&J: Again, grip is too narrow. This will fix the wrist pain. And your jerk is a dip-and-drive instead of a bounce. The Split Jerk

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Snatch: Your grip is too narrow. See the bar hit you on the upper thighs instead of above the pubis? And this may correct the rack, which is very loose. Traps hold the bar overhead, so meet the bar with a shrug.

C&J: Again, grip is too narrow. This will fix the wrist pain. And your jerk is a dip-and-drive instead of a bounce. The Split Jerk
    I watched the video provided and took notes.
    Foot Forward is determined by feel
    • Left forward is the most natural feeling

Split stance the same width or slightly wider
    • I need to improve. My split width is narrower than the clean

Both feet have toes facing the mid line (IR of femurs)
    • Front foot could turn in better

Recovery is built from front to back
    • I definitely have felt that tipping you talked about by recovering from back to front.

Bounce the bar: think about it whipping up and be sharp/ quick
    • This was what I really need to work on. As you said I'm dipping and driving. Im taking this as my dip is very slow, deliberate, and im focusing on overcoming the weight with the upper body which won't be possible as I Jerk weights that I can't press.

Feet flat along the platform
    • I need to improve because my feet are clearing more air than they need to making the process slower.

Lead with heel
    • interesting point that had not occurred

Slapping the platform indicates faster foot transition

Widen the stance before you initiate the jerk